The Riverfields legacy
Riverfields will create approximately 160 000 employment opportunities, both in the construction and operational phases.
Over and above the employment opportunities, it is estimated that additional impact over the first phase will include:
- Capital Investments of approximately R29 billion
- An economic benefit of some R68 billion during the construction phase
- Construction of external engineering services such as new roads,sewer lines, water reticulation and electrical infrastructure of approximately R1.1 billion, most of which will be handed over to the municipality for the benefit of the wider community
- Approximately R354 million additional rates and taxes per annum for the City of Ekurhuleni
Other benefits will include:
- Rehabilitation of wetland systems
- Protection of sensitive environments and habitats
- Creation of an integrated open space system for leisure and recreational purposes
- Improved public transport linkages
- Investment in the quality of life of communities through the enhancement of walkability and cycling
- More diverse and accessible retail offering
- Wider array of housing opportunities
To date, we have already:
- Delivered 1 000 residential units worth an estimated R2bn investment
- Invested ±R150m in internal civil infrastructure with a planned further investment of ±R220m
- ±R60m invested in bulk electrical to date with a planned further investment of ±R560m
Schools across the country shut down on 18 March 2020 following President Cyril Ramaphosa’s announcement on Sunday 15 March, detailing measures to mitigate the spread of the Covid-19 virus. This has seen millions of parents with school-going children across the country go into self-isolation within the confines of their homes.
Riverfields has put together four tips to help families survive social distancing during the coronavirus pandemic:Read more
Old and worn-out car tyres are said to be “among the most problematic and challenging sources of solid waste”. Due to their large production volume, tyres are routinely thrown out and piled up at landfills, or are left lying around in the garage or the garden at home.
So, instead of letting old tyres take up space, here are a few ways you can repurpose them as a form of recycling and for use around the house:Read more
For first-time homeowners and those who are simply not used to relocating, buying bedroom furniture that complements one’s taste, budget and style can quickly become a daunting and even overwhelming task.Read more