The Riverfields legacy
Riverfields will create approximately 160 000 employment opportunities, both in the construction and operational phases.
Over and above the employment opportunities, it is estimated that additional impact over the first phase will include:
- Capital Investments of approximately R29 billion
- An economic benefit of some R68 billion during the construction phase
- Construction of external engineering services such as new roads,sewer lines, water reticulation and electrical infrastructure of approximately R1.1 billion, most of which will be handed over to the municipality for the benefit of the wider community
- Approximately R354 million additional rates and taxes per annum for the City of Ekurhuleni
Other benefits will include:
- Rehabilitation of wetland systems
- Protection of sensitive environments and habitats
- Creation of an integrated open space system for leisure and recreational purposes
- Improved public transport linkages
- Investment in the quality of life of communities through the enhancement of walkability and cycling
- More diverse and accessible retail offering
- Wider array of housing opportunities
To date, we have already:
- Delivered 1 000 residential units worth an estimated R2bn investment
- Invested ±R150m in internal civil infrastructure with a planned further investment of ±R220m
- ±R60m invested in bulk electrical to date with a planned further investment of ±R560m
There are a few things that make a house a home and one of these is the braai area, especially in South Africa.
Braais in South Africa are synonymous with family time. It is where every so often on weekends and public holidays, friends and family get together to socialise and eat.
Below, we’ve outlined steps to help you create the perfect braai area for your home …Read more
Trends are life’s special way of reminding us about the importance of progress. Without trends life would stagnate and we would be trapped in a loop of redundant repetition. The introduction of fresh ideas into our homes saves us from an insipid existence and allows us to leave behind what’s old and outdated.Read more