Retail & hospitality
Riverfields will cater to the hospitality, lifestyle, leisure and shopping needs of locals and visitors to the area.
Harvest Square is Riverfields’ flagship mixed-use development and will incorporate a neighbourhood shopping centre with office and residential facilities. A central public square will be a key feature of this centre designed by one of SA’s leading architectural firms – GAPP Urban Designers & Architects.
The initial development phase will offer between 6 500 and 8 500m² available space.
Plans are also in advanced stages for the development of a regional shopping centre. The proposed centre will be established on the south-western intersection of Albertina Sisulu and the R23.
These developments are aimed at meeting current and projected future retail trade growth in the area:
- Current market size: 666 712
- Since 1996 retail trade growth in the Kempton Park area has averaged double that of the metro area
In addition, market opportunities exist for short-stay accommodation aimed at the four star business market, conference facility and restaurants.
- Access to untapped & underserviced markets
- Growing resident & work force community
- Development opportunities across retail sector
- Strong business tourism opportunity for 150 – 200 room four star hotel with conferencing facilities
- Full integration with urban system
Have a good time with DJs who will play banging anthems for the weekend. Spoil yourself with some therapeutic treatment. Learn more about reptile conservation. And enjoy delicious international cuisine.Read more
Make the most of the October weather by heading to a picnic park with the family; or visit a wellness centre that will give you a “spa-sational” experience. Here’s where you can do these things and more on the East Rand …Read more